Ever thought about doing something satisfying and of great service to those heavily disadvantaged overseas? Then become an AusViet Charity Foundation volunteer and join this challenging yet rewarding mission!
AusViet Charity Foundation is pleased to announce that the 2017 AVCF medical field trip will take place in Kon Tum Province, Vietnam from Friday 28th July 2017 to Sunday 6th August 2017.
Kon Tum is one of the poorest provinces in Vietnam. It is located 500 kilometres from Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) in Central Highland Vietnam next to Quang Nam, Binh Dinh and Gia Lai provinces and shares borders with Laos and Cambodia. The land area is approximately 10,000 square kilometres with a population of about 500,000 in 9 districts and 1 town. More than 56% of the population are ethnic minorities with many different local dialects. This is an agriculture province and more than 36% of the population are classified as poor – particularly the ethnic minorities. Currently, there are two level 3 hospitals in Kon Tum town and Ngoc Hoi district. There are general and specialised clinics at district levels and primary medical posts at village levels which are managed by nurses and health workers.
AusViet Charity Foundation aims to provide:
- 1000 general medical examinations (involving basic clinical tests, medical treatments, pharmacotherapy, education and referrals)
- 1000 dental treatments (general dental, dental extractions, tooth fillings & root canal treatments)
- 100 cataract operations by phacoemulsification
- 1000 gift packs for children to support their schooling (notebooks, pens, crayons and school bags)
- 300 food parcels for poor families
- Visitation to a leprosy village and ethnic minority communes (time-permitting)
AVCF calls for expressions of interest to participate in the upcoming field trip to fulfill the roles below:
- Health Professionals
- Medical practitioners: ophthalmologists, anaesthetists, general practitioners
- Dental Practitioners: dentists, oral hygienists, dental nurses, dental assistants
- Optometrists, orthoptists
- Audiologists and other allied health professionals
- Logistic Support Staff
- Administrative support
- Transport, marshal, crowd control
- Electrical, sterilising services
The field trip runs over one week and requires dedication and hard work to achieve our mission goals. All volunteers are required to pay their own way with costs approximating $2000 AUD based on previous field trips (includes return airfares, transport, accommodation and all meals during the mission).
This will be a challenging, yet extremely rewarding experience enabling you to utilize your skills and expertise to help those much less fortunate than ourselves. If you are interested in being part of this exciting and fulfilling field trip, please register your interest to: email@example.com or myself firstname.lastname@example.org before 31/12/2016.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome by mid-January 2017.
For any queries regarding this field trip, please contact us via email or phone on 0412 331 991.